Sunday

Going Back


Tofino has decided it wants me back for the summer.
I am subletting my 2bdr apartment for the summer.
I have done the usual posters around school, Used Victoria, Craigslist and the Uvic off campus housing.

This new process of subletting has been quite exploratory.
I have entertaining many emails from potential subleters and answered some bizarre questions.

Ie: This morning 8:11 am
Hi

Is your building concrete and steel ?

Thanks


Then at 1:04pm
If it is more than four storeys high it is made of steel and concrete. Can I have the address to look at it from the outside ?

I am assuming his fear of Earthquakes.

Then I had a lady send me a message from a remote place where her internet comes in and out. She asked if I could call her.
I thought " What the hell, lets dive into this thing head first."

Example of Maui Waves.



She was on sabbatical from her job as a therapist and was in Maui. She told me she could was looking out passed the tropical foliage on to the ocean. I started drilling her on what the waves looked like ! Typical Surfer fantasy.
She asked me questions I would put in the middle aged woman category. " what size is your balcony ?" " Is there lots of light in your place ?" Is there clutter anywhere ? like bikes on the balcony?" " What is the demography of your building ?"

Then there are the "House Viewings". Those are eerily exciting. I spend the bulk of the day trying to make our place seem neutral.
Ty and I had to take down the random stolen poster collage we had decorating our hallway. Surf inspired bathroom with wave postcards and Surfer magazine posters with Bruces Irons catching three foot airs had to come down.

I did get to enjoy two of the most adorable Japanese girls nearly fainted over my red couches with leopard pillows. " OH WOW, Soo Nice Sooo Nice !! " Followed by a few minutes of giggling.

Surfing in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak