Tuesday

The Sail Boat



So many of you know, I purchased a Sailboat.

( well it is a Ry and I collaboration).

It is 30 feet, two levels ( one level will be just for a queen bed), a bathroom, sink, metal keel, fiberglass hull and a single mast. This my first asset. My plan is to work on it with Ry for the up coming months on my days off and get it up to snuff.

Essentially it will be home. I have planned inside. All improvements and prices were discussed before the purchase and all parties have agreed on what the boat will be. So now is the count down.

I plan on updating this new chapter in my life extensively. Better photos of the ships exterior will be available shortly. Right now I have what I was working on last week, Power sanding the old paint. I bought primer so these up coming days off will be priming.












The next week we are going to fiberglass the hull as the person we bought it off hand built the second level but did not have time/ energy to fiberglass it. I have 5-10 gallons of resin and a roll matted fiberglass ready for the next few sunny days. As sunny weather is necessary for this improvement.




This sort of just happened. First it was suggestion from Gilly the pirate " hey you should buy my boat". Then I thought what if I bought this boat. Then I started conversing with Ryley about what it could be. Then I learnt moorage costs are significantly cheaper than rent. Then I slept in the sailboat and I think thats when I fell in love. Even when I wasn't on it I thought about the rocking of the water. Waking up on the water. And then it was my boat. Then I purchased it . Now I have a boat.



I am getting the papers this week. I am going to re-register the sailboat.
The name of the boat is going to be : Ave Maria. It came to me like a lighting bolt and so it shall be.

In the meantime here are photos of me and one of Ry on Gillys 1940's old fishing boat.





3 comments:

  1. So thrilled for you! This purchase makes total sense to me, so much so I wonder why it took you so long to do it. Please post lots of updates and photos of your progress! I would also love to hear about your plans for it. I love and miss you! I'm so, so proud of you. xoxoxooxxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Kim!
    I don't comment often, but this post has captivated me. Keep us up-to-date on your progress! Take photos! Tell us more about the boat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Guys ! I planning on posting more soon! Thanks for the interest. As with all things outdoors I have to wait for the right weather to fiber glass. Then things will really take off.

    ReplyDelete

Speak