Saturday

The Balkans By Vice

Normally I am not a huge fan of Vice. I feel there do's and don't to be very pretentious and offensive. However, I have been watching there travel videos lately and I quite enjoy them.

The Balkan music I enjoy is known as Balkan Beats or Balkan Hotstep. I imagined that all the clubs in eastern Europe played only this great dance music/mash up with crazy saxophone, accordion and women wailing in unison.

I was wrong.

My close Croatian friend informed me that only hipsters in Paris, London, Toronto and New York listen to,enjoy, promote and create this genre.

Q:Then What is the popular genre in the Balkans ?

Q:What are they playing in the clubs ?


A: Turbo Folk

As a good friend once said " Fuck the plebs." Or as Cesar said " Give them their bread and circus"

This clip explains perfectly what TurboFolk is. Essentially a genre commissioned by war lords that is composed of hard techno beats and amazon type women.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/the-vice-guide-to-travel/the-vice-to-the-balkans-part-2#ooid=wzcDA5Mzq57Aj26a4qZjLOQ0ZEX-rbIr

Please take note: The Warlord holding a baby tiger by its scruff in one hand and a semi automatic in the other hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak